Alas it was another good season of cons, but now that the last weekend before the holidays is upon us the con season is officially over until the first weekend after the New Year (because lets face it, we just don’t go to any conventions during this time.) So what do we do now? Rate the hell out of the conventions we attended. I would like everyone to fill out this nifty survey and post it on the Caml_Cau LJ or on the mailing list as this is being posted on both.
Please only rate cons you have attended this year, I only want to hear about cons that were personally experienced, not “I heard they had a bad year”
The fallowing are my answers.
First post all of the conventions that you attended this year: Furry Weekend Atlanta, Katsucon, Momocon, Anime Boston, Rocket City FurMeet, Memphit FurMeet, Anime Weekend Atlanta, and Nekocon.
1. Most accommodating staff: RCFM
2. Least accommodating staff: FWA/Katsucon
3. Best run Artists’ Alley and/or Dealer Room: AWA/MFM
4. Worst run Artists’ Alley and/or Dealer Room: Katsu (I think it was a bad year)
5. Best Handler of Tax issues: MFM
6. Worst handler of Tax issues: Nekocon (I’m sure by next year it won’t be a problem or at least be more clear)
7. Best con suite: RCFM (three squares a day and more)
8. Best local eateries: MFM (one word: Marlowe’s)
9. Most memorable con: MFM (sniff, such a beautiful wedding!)
10. Best con art (as in non-anime/promo): Nekocon
11. Worst con art (ditto): Anime Boston (they can get a better artist, they have the money and the interest)
12. Convention you participated most in this year (staff, panels, con art): Momocon
13. Best new convention (new for you or a first year con): Momocon
14. Best old con keepin’ it real: AWA
15. Best Commute: Momocon
16. Best con hotel: Nekocon (happy hour bizaches!)
17. Worst con hotel: RCFM (dull and butt ugly)
18. Best customers: Nekocon
19. Worst customers: RCFM
20. Best con overall for whatever reason: Katsucon, it’s not the con, it’s the homecoming.
The next section it is optional to provide actual numbers.
Expenses include Registration, Hotel, Table, and Transportation costs. Merchandise isn’t included since most Merchandise investments are sold over multiple conventions.
21. Con with highest expenses: Anime Boston (400)
22. Con with lowest expenses: AWA (35)
23. Most profitable : AWA (400net)
24. Least profitable: RCFM (-25net)
25. Highest Gross: Anime Boston (700)
26. Lowest Gross: RCFM (70)